Every step you take and every dollar you raise brings us closer to a future without breast cancer. Because you’re taking those steps with a team, you’re multiplying your impact on the cause.
Team Captain Checklist
Once you’ve registered your Team, here are some next steps to maintain your momentum all the way to the finish line:
- Make a self -donation in any denomination to show your commitment
- Set a goal for the number of people you will recruit.
- Display event materials — brochures and posters — around the office, campus, cafeterias, break rooms, gyms, and other high traffic areas. Put your name, phone number, and/or email address on the posters so people can contact you to get involved.
- Downloadable Race Flier for Teams - COMING SOON!
- Postcards are now available at the Komen Central Georgia office. Contact us at 478-390-4828 to schedule a visit to get what you need for growing your team numbers - participants and donations!
- Host a kickoff meeting or event and invite the Komen Central Georgia staff to make a presentation.
- Send fundraising tips out to all your team members and highlight the team’s top fundraising member.
- Create fundraising incentives for your team members encouraging them to meet or exceed their fundraising goals.
- Remind team members to log on to their fundraising pages to record all offline donations and send thank-you notes.
- Post a progress chart with your fundraising and recruitment goals in a visible area and update totals regularly.
In 2015, Teams raised more than $39,606 for the fight to end breast cancer. That’s a huge impact!
Team fundraising helps ensure that we will be able to make the biggest impact in the community in our efforts to RUN BREAST CANCER OUT OF TOWN.
There are two ways that teams can engage in fundraising:
- Each team member asks their friends, family members and co-workers to support them in their fundraising efforts by making a donation. To get tips and tools on personal fundraising, click here.
- Your team can host a fundraising event. To download a list of fun and easy fundraising events, click here.
The ultimate reward is knowing you’ve brought our community miles closer to the reality of a world without breast cancer.